Pages

Saturday 3 January 2015

Would you rewind it all the time?

I am in my early twenties. A little over six months ago, I stepped into the corporate wonderland. I also happen to belong to the significant segment of white-collar Indians living away from home. Naturally, I cook and wash after myself. I am also proud to declare that I am not half-bad at it. I did practice it all throughout college. All of it except the cooking part, okay!

This also happens to be my first job.
But wait, what excited this candor, you ask?
A simple Facebook post, a song and the musings of a active, albeit tired solitary mind. You see, the brilliant thing about solitude is that it lulls you into your natural state of being, while slowly increasing the importance of all that you hold dear. In that moment of immense possibilities, you feel infinite and euphoric. Or is it just me?

People are important to me and I tend to end up missing them in moments such as these. Most of them would have gone to bed by now, except for the ones in other time-zones. Maybe, it's time to give them a call? Hmm. Ah, chuck it. I'll enjoy this rare moment of peaceful solitude.

Now, while you sit back and ponder over the subject of this post, I'll disclose the beauty of a song that led me to log onto my outdated blog. Heard of Goldspot,the band?
Yes? Share other songs that you like in the comments section below.
No? Search for Rewind.
'Would you rewind it all the time?'

I recently caught the Jimmy Fallon bug. From SNL to Late Night to The Tonight Show, he's a true entertainer. Watch the Tonight Show Youtube channel if you haven't already. Special recommendation - the Thursday night Hashtag segment. It's a hoot.

And hey! Happy New Year, dear reader.

#DeadOfTheNightRamble

1 comment:

  1. I just saved something like this to my drafts tonight,
    I guess great minds do think alike,
    So here's wishing you a good night,
    Because I'm good at rhyming like a bike.

    ReplyDelete