Pages

Friday 11 May 2012


'When the the stage is set right, a scene shall unfold.
When the thoughts are ripe, words shall follow.'


I rise from my lotus position and make a dash for the nearest table. Too late, its gone. The very last piece of  the delicacy I had been lusting after for the past 3 days. I see the impish twinkle in his eye, the half-concealed smirk, only so because table manners won't allow him to open his mouth and express his true feelings. He loves getting away with food, especially the food that I like. God forbid, he develops a taste for all the food items that I like. I remember how he didn't really fancy chocolate ice-cream or fizzy drinks. Now, I have company for whenever I open a bottle of Coca-cola or a new brick of choc-chip ice-cream. Life is Hard.
I come out of my reverie quickly. But it wasn't quick enough. I missed another round. I am not fast enough. Or maybe he's had way too much practice.

# LifeWithASibling

The opening lines simply refer to a state of mind at some point in time.



4 comments:

  1. You're getting old. Tch tch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am just out of practice.

    Or maaaybe..
    I am not hungry enough! *Gasp* (Never thought this day would come.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved that couplet. Oh, btw there is a technical flaw in this description. Details later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)

    I am curious. Do elaborate.

    ReplyDelete