Pages

Saturday 19 November 2011

Happy, Are We?

This ain't a rhetoric.

Or maybe it is. Many a times you'd have done things for no apparent reason and  just because you were persuaded into thinking it'd make you happy. But did it ? I ask you again- DID IT? Before you start questioning my sanity, think. Seriously. Did it?
The general idea of a "good time" does not pass for a universal formula for guaranteed happiness.

A happy person makes others around him/her happy. ~ Anne Frank
This isn't a direct quote (Its been a while since I read her diary).

I wanted to see what other great men/women thought of this particular emotion(There were plenty of definitions) and I found the one I liked:
Happiness is often the result of being too busy to be miserable.
                                                                                                ~Anonymous

I have found this to be true.

Hence, if traveling, painting, googling, doodling, cooking, driving, reading, partying, playing a game or a particular sport or even studying is your slice of heaven, do just that. As much as you want(and can) and when you want, without breaking any important and genuine laws. And you'll be happy.

Happiness lies our own backyard, but its probably well hidden by crabgrass.
                                                                                                ~ Dell crossword puzzles
Just another quote to underscore my last statement.

2 comments:

  1. I knew this was coming. :P
    I really like the way you sum it up towards the end, "As much as you want(and can) and when you want, without breaking any important and genuine laws.". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did? How?
    Well, I'd have been stupid not to post this. :P
    But anyway, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete